“Ordinary World”Posted by in Blog on April 13, 2011
Guess what? I’ve already received some feedback about my novel. Check out a few of the responses to the right of your screen under the caption, “What Readers Have to Say…” Have something to share as well? Send it my way!
This week, instead of an Austen adaptation movie review, I’m going to share something extra special in honor of selling out of my first shipment.
While I was writing A Modern Day Persuasion, music definitely played a role in crafting my adaptation. I am a music junkie–especially when a tune plucks at my heart strings or feels like it belongs in a movie soundtrack. In fact, when I write, I like to picture my story as if it’s on the big screen and often, picking out music to set the mood of the scene helps to inspire me.
Below I reveal 12 particular tunes (along with the chapters they belong to) which would have been my selections for A Modern Day Persuasion’s soundtrack. Try listening to these tunes in sequence and see if it helps better bring the story alive!
1. “Thinking About You” by Norah Jones — Chapter 1
2. “Till It Happens to You” by Corinne Bailey Rae — Chapter 4
3. “Thinking It Over” by Dana Glover — Chapter 6
4. “Golden Days” by the Damnwells — Chapter 20
5. “Maybe” by Dana Glover — Chapter 21
6. “Sleep Like A Child” by Joss Stone — Chapter 27
7. “Better Off Alone” by Katharine McPhee — Chapter 28
8. “Up All Night” by Charlotte Martin — Chapter 39
9. “Like A Star” by Corrine Bailey Rae — Near the end of Chapter 39
10. “Just to Feel That Way” by Taylor Hicks — Near the end of Chapter 44
11. “Ordinary World” by Katharine McPhee – Near the end of Chapter 45
12. “At Last” by Etta James — Blast this after you finish reading the book (and don’t be afraid to swoon back onto the couch)!
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 Both comments and pings are currently closed.